Skip navigation

24 Hour Emergency Service


Replace Your Heating System with a High-Efficiency Unit

With spring right around the corner in Mahwah, NJ, you may be preparing to turn off your heater for the season. Hopefully you haven’t had any detrimental problems with your heating system this winter. However, if you’ve found that it’s not working as efficiently as it has been in previous years, or you had to make quite a few repairs to it, it may be time to upgrade to a high-efficiency unit.

According to, if your heat pump is more than 10 years old, or if your furnace or boiler is more than 15 years old, it could be time to replace. But why should you replace your heating system with a high-efficiency unit?

Cost Savings

Many older heating systems operate around 65% AFUE (annual fuel utilization efficiency), with the remaining 35% wasted. New high-efficiency units, however, typically offer AFUE ratings over 90%. They can often pay for themselves in a few years or less, depending on how you use your system.

Longer Lifespan

High-efficiency systems, as long as they are sized for your home correctly, typically minimize the on-and-off cycling referred to as short-cycling. As a result, they usually require less extreme repairs. Well maintained high-efficiency systems could last much longer than older, low efficiency systems.

Environmentally Friendly

While the benefit of cost-savings and indoor comfort may be enough for you on its own, upgrading to a high-efficiency heater is also good for the planet! They use 1/3rd less fuel as compared to older models. This means less waste and better conservation of natural resources.

Flexible Options

Whether you prefer a traditional furnace, a heat pump, a boiler, or a ductless mini split system, you can get a high-efficiency unit. We offer a large selection of heating systems from in a wide range of efficiency ratings from top brands in the industry.

Call DB Heating & Cooling, Inc today for your heating needs in Bergen County, NJ, Rockland NY, and surrounding areas.

Comments are closed.