- Heating Installation
- Heating Replacement
- Heating Maintenance
- Heating Repair
- Furnace Installation
- Furnace Replacement
- Furnace Maintenance
- Furnace Repair
- Carrier Furnaces
- Trane Furnaces
- Heat Pumps
- Hot Water Boilers
- Steam Boilers
- Peerless Boilers
- Custom Ductwork
- Zone Control Systems
- Oil to Gas Conversion
- Heating Tips
- Heating FAQs
Ductless Mini Splits
Indoor Air Quality
- Commercial Heating & Air Conditioning Installation
- Commercial Heating & Air Conditioning Replacement
- Commercial Heating & Air Conditioning Maintenance
- Commercial Heating & Air Conditioning Repair
- Carrier Commercial HVAC Systems
- Trane Rooftop Units
- Trane Packaged Air Conditioning Units
- Energy Management
- Building Controls
Furnace Installation Services
Your furnace is key to your family’s comfort and wellbeing during the cold winter months. When those chilly winds blow, you want to be confident that your furnace will keep your whole house comfortable, without causing your energy costs to skyrocket. The best way to make sure of that is to have a reliable, experienced contractor help you select the right furnace for your needs and then properly install it in your home.
As one of the top providers of furnace installation services in the Bergen County and Rockland County, NY areas, DB Heating & Cooling, Inc. has professional installers standing by for all of your new home furnace needs. From answering technical questions, to helping you select the proper system for your home, to installing your new furnace, we offer a wide range of services to keep you comfortable year–round.
Protect Your Home
One of the biggest factors to consider when choosing a new furnace is what heating capacity your home requires. Determining the proper capacity is an integral step in the installation process in order for you to end up with a furnace that fully meets your needs without overdoing it. A furnace with too little capacity is obviously a problem, as it won’t have the power to produce the warmth you need, whereas a furnace with too great a capacity will overheat your home and inflate your costs.
Perhaps the most obvious factor influencing the needs of your home is square footage. A bigger home requires a more powerful furnace than a smaller one. There are other things to consider, however. Local climate plays a role, for example. In warmer climates, some homes can get away with a furnace that puts out only 25 BTUs per square foot of space, but in colder climates homes often need as much as 45 BTUs per square foot.
Furnace Efficiency Ratings
You also need to consider the efficiency of the furnace you are choosing. Furnaces efficiency ratings are determined by the amount of energy they consume that is actually converted to heat output. This is the annual fuel utilization efficiency rating, or AFUE. The lowest AFUE rating allowed is 80%, which means that 80% of the fuel burned by those furnaces is converted into heat, whereas the other 20% is lost in the combustion process. This is decent efficiency, far better than furnaces built just a few decades ago, and may be all the efficiency you need. The most efficient furnaces burn gas and carry an AFUE rating of up to 98%.
Differing levels of efficiency mean that heating capacity is not an absolute figure. A furnace with a high capacity but a lower AFUE rating may actually generate less heat than a more efficient model with less capacity. Keep in mind that a more efficient furnace will cost more up front to purchase, but may save money in the long run by burning less fuel. Our heating experts will explain the details of each system to help you better understand your options before settling on a model.
If you’re replacing an old furnace, our technician will first consider the capacity and AFUE rating of your existing system and whether it met your needs. These are usually listed on the furnace itself, and can be a guide for choosing your next system. Either way, the professionals at DB Heating & Cooling, Inc. can help you select the right furnace model for your needs and budget.
Professional Furnace Installation
After working with you to select the right system, our Bergen County, NJ area furnace installers will have your new heating system in place in no time. Call us today to learn more about your options and our professional furnace services including furnace repair and replacement.