DIY is very popular, and there are some tasks that homeowners can handle on their own. However, any kind of work on your heating system does not fall into this category. Unless you have expert knowledge about it, it is not advisable to take on heating repair or maintenance yourself. Instead, call an expert for your heating maintenance in Bergen County: DB Heating & Cooling.
What Happens During A Maintenance Appointment?
Understanding what happens during a professional maintenance appointment demonstrates how in-depth an appointment really is:
- Thorough inspection of entire system
- Check all electrical components, including wires
- Check all motors
- Check entire burner assembly
- Clean all components as needed, including removing ash and soot
- Safety checks, including for carbon monoxide
- Change air filter
- Check all belts for wear and tightness
- Check for leaks and cracks in components
- Clean and lubricate parts as needed
- Make small repairs as needed
- Flush the system
It’s quite a comprehensive list and entails a lot of work – are you up to it? Do you have the tools to accomplish all these tasks, and can you do them efficiently and quickly? These are all questions you have to ask yourself before committing to conducting your own maintenance.
Benefits of Maintenance
When maintenance is performed correctly, these are the benefits you can expect:
- Better energy efficiency – when your system is being weighed down by dirt, dust and wear-and-tear, it can’t perform to the energy efficiency level it was made to. Performing maintenance allows your system to run optimally, which can help it maintain energy efficiency.
- Better comfort – a system that is struggling to perform may not be able to achieve the set temperature. Maintenance helps put everything in good working order so that your heating system can heat as it should.
- Prevents repairs – the thorough inspection your system undergoes during a maintenance appointment allows the technician to detect any existing or developing problems, and repair them before they can become large and potentially costly.
The bottom line: unless you have the expert knowledge of a trained professional, you shouldn’t take the risk of performing your own maintenance.
When your heating system needs expert attention call DB Heating & Cooling and schedule your heating maintenance in Bergen County today.