In the unfortunate event that your air conditioning system breaks down completely, then you may have to survive few days without AC. Keeping cool while you AC is down is critical, especially on those incredibly hot and humid days. As one of the leading providers of new air conditioners in your service area, we’d like to give you some tips in case this happens to you. Even if it’s only a repair service, you need to make sure you know how to keep cool. But make sure, first and foremost, that you contact a qualified, reputable AC technician so that your problem is fixed fast or your new AC replacement works well. Call DB Heating & Cooling for comprehensive Westwood, NJ air conditioning repair services.
- Draw the blinds and curtains: Keep the powerful sun out of the home. By drawing blinds and curtains during the day, you can ensure that the cool nighttime temperature is not spoiled by the sun’s rays.
- Open the windows at night: Make sure you take advantage of the cooler temperatures at night by opening up the windows and letting that breeze in.
- Fans: Use box fans in windows at night and ceiling fans during the day to keep cool. If your ceiling fan has a reverse function, you can get it to pull the hot air up out of the living space.
- Take cold showers: This is the ultimate cool-off exercise if you can stand it. A nice cold shower can cool you off if you’re feeling overheated.
- Drink cold beverages: Keep your fridge stocked with refreshing drinks and your ice tray full so that you can take advantage of cool drinks if your AC breaks down.
- Backup unit: If you need to, you can purchase a wall unit to keep you cool during the repair or replacement service.
We hope you find these tips helpful. If your cooling system breaks down and you need Westwood, NJ air conditioning repair services, call DB Heating & Cooling.