May 20th, 2013
Yes, we believe it is. Routine air conditioning maintenance from a professional company like DB Heating and Cooling can dramatically improve your AC’s performance, energy efficiency, and system longevity. While professional installation and taking care of any repairs as they arise are both critical to solid operation, they’re not enough. If you neglect maintenance, you place your entire cooling system at risk of frequent repairs, inefficiency, and even premature replacement. The best part of pro maintenance is that you don’t have to do it. Because the majority of maintenance duties for your AC have to be carried out by a professional anyway, signing up for cost-effective maintenance program is a great way to take care of your system so that it can take care of you and your family all summer long. Call DB Heating and Cooling today for comprehensive air conditioning services in Emerson, NJ.
Let’s take a look at some of the benefits of routine maintenance so that you can decide about whether you’re interested:
- Energy efficiency: Considering how much of your energy budget is spent on keeping cool during the summer, it’s no wonder that you’d want to maximize your energy efficiency. Pro routine maintenance is simply the best way to ensure that your system cools efficiently. Dirty and damaged components only lead to your system expending more electrical energy for the same amount of cooling.
- Performance: Everything about your AC comes down to performance—it’s the reason why you have a comprehensive cooling solution in the first place. Don’t let your performance decline because of neglect. While it’s important to clean your air filter once a month during the cooling season, that’s about the extent of your homeowner duties. A pro can clean and inspect the intricate mechanisms that make your AC work so that you can stay on top of your performance.
- System longevity: If you’re concerned about how long your system will last, then sign up for routine maintenance. There’s no better way to improve the lifespan of your system than by ensuring that it’s clean and properly adjusted at all times.
Call DB Heating & Cooling, Inc. today for comprehensive air conditioning services in Emerson, NJ.
May 16th, 2013
If you’re in the market for a new air conditioning system, then you may not know where to begin. The sheer diversity of types and brands of air conditioners can make the process seem daunting, to say the least. Yet, with the right advice and level of professional workmanship, you can ensure that your new AC is a complete success. In this post, we’d like to go over some ways that you can make this happen. Call DB Heating & Cooling today for comprehensive Westwood, NJ air conditioning installation services.
- Professional quality: Your AC is a complex piece of machinery. It uses plumbing, electrical, and mechanical systems to effectively and efficiently remove heat from your home and send cool air throughout your home. But in order to make this a reality, you need to ensure that you hire a certified professional to install your new AC. Only a trained, skilled, and experienced technician knows how to make sure that all the components are properly connected and that the right amount of refrigerant circulates throughout your coils and compressor.
- Size: The size of your AC is of critical importance. Don’t settle for anything less than an exact match. If your AC is too large, then it may turn on and off frequently and this can cause inefficient cooling and high energy bills. However, if it is not large enough, and is, in fact, undersized, then your AC will simply not be able to perform effectively on a consistent basis, and this can lead to increased wear and tear and even premature replacement. Your new AC is a large investment of your time and resources, so make sure you hire a pro who can match one to your home.
- Additional upgrades: While you’re at it, you may want to consider several cost-effective upgrades so that you can get the most out of your system right off the bat. Installing a programmable, digital thermostat will make it easier to read and set the temperature, and it will also allow you to customize your indoor climate according to your schedule. That way you can save energy without sacrificing comfort.
Call DB Heating & Cooling today for excellent Westwood, NJ air conditioning installation services.
May 6th, 2013
Even with professional installation and routine maintenance, your home cooling system will still probably need repair at some point in its service life. While only a professional hands-on diagnosis can adequately determine the cause of the problem, there are some common indicators to look out for as we enter the cooling season. When you need air conditioning repair in Bergen County, call the pros at DB Heating & Cooling!
- Not cooling enough: This is a common complaint, especially when the heat and humidity are at their peak during the hottest days of summer. It won’t be clear until a professional diagnosis takes place what the root of the problem is, although there are some frequent culprits. You may have a frozen evaporator coil caused by blocked airflow, or low levels of refrigerant circulating through your coils.
- AC won’t start: First, check your electrical panel to make sure you haven’t blown a fuse or tripped the circuit breaker. Next, make sure that your thermostat is on and calling for cool air. If neither of these works, then you may have an electrical connectivity issue with your AC. Alternatively, you may have a faulty capacitor.
- Incorrect temperature: If your home never seems to reach the temperature that you ask it to, then there may be a problem with the calibration of your thermostat. As your primary user interface, your thermostat needs to be professionally installed and calibrated in order to ensure that it senses the temperature accurately. If not, it can’t possibly communicate with the air handler properly and your house will wind up too hot or too cold.
- Frozen evaporator coil: If the evaporator coil inside your indoor air handler is completely frozen over, then your AC will work neither efficiently nor effectively. This may be caused by an air leak that is allowing humid air into the air handler or a clogged air filter not allowing the cool air to be distributed throughout the home. Your AC may have already tried to shut itself down to defrost. Have a professional technician come out to determine the root of the frozen coil.
For comprehensive air conditioning repair services in Bergen County, call DB Heating & Cooling today!
April 29th, 2013
Your thermostat is critical to the operation of your Bergen County, NJ air conditioning system. While small and compact, the thermostat can nevertheless make or break your system. Using a thermostat wisely may be able to boost your energy efficiency, which may be on your mind as the summer heat and humidity approaches. For more information about thermostats or our Bergen County, NJ air conditioning services, call DB Heating & Cooling today!
Here are some tips about your thermostat:
- Make sure your thermostat is professionally installed: It should be installed in a place out of the sunlight, and away from doors, windows, and duct registers, so that it does not falsely read the temperature. It also needs to be properly calibrated for your home, so that it can send accurate information to the AC about what temperature it is, and therefore how much work the AC should do to meet that temperature.
- Upgrade: There are numerous thermostat options on the market today. If you still have a manual thermostat, you may be missing out on substantial energy savings every cooling season. Digital, programmable thermostats allow you to customize your home’s temperature according to your schedule. For example, you can set it to raise the temperature just after you leave the home, and then to begin cooling again about an hour before you get home. That way, you don’t have to come home to a hot home, and you don’t have to pay to keep your home cool all day long. That type of thermostatic control is a great combination of comfort and energy efficiency.
- Use it wisely: Even if you only have a manual conventional thermostat, remember that it’s not only the temperature that counts, but also the way your AC reaches that temperature. Rapid and drastic temperature shifts can often require boosts of electrical energy that may increase your bills. Turning the thermostat way down will not actually cool your home faster, and it will waste energy as your AC works harder than it needs to.
If you think you need a new thermostat, call the Bergen County, NJ air conditioning experts at DB Heating & Cooling today!
April 22nd, 2013
As we slowly approach the cooling season in Paramus, NJ, homeowners throughout the area are beginning to turn on their ACs, in order to test their performance. It’s a great idea, especially considering how much we have to depend on our cooling systems to keep us comfortable during the summer heat and humidity. One of the most common concerns we hear from homeowners is, “My AC won’t reach target temperatures.” In this post, we’d like to address this problem, and explain some of its potential causes. However, in order to receive a professional diagnosis, you need a professional AC technician. For excellent air conditioning repair services in Paramus, NJ, call the experts at DB Heating & Cooling today!
- Clogged air filter: You should check your air filter at least once a month during the cooling season, to make sure that it is clean. The air filter prevents the accumulation of dust and debris on your system components, in addition to providing auxiliary support as an indoor air quality device. When it becomes dirty or clogged, it will simply not do its job. It will reduce airflow, and may cause the evaporator coil to freeze over.
- Thermostat malfunction: Proper thermostat operation is critical to adequate temperature control. Make sure that your thermostat is calling for the right temperature. If that doesn’t work, then you may have an electrical or wireless connectivity problem with your air handler. Alternatively, the thermostat may not be sensing the temperature correctly.
- Condenser coils dirty: Make sure your condenser coils are clean and clear of debris at all times. Because they reside in your outdoor unit, they can easily become caked with organic matter and overgrown with vegetation. Keep the surrounding area clear of grass and other vegetation. Enroll in routine maintenance to have your coils routinely inspected and cleaned.
There are numerous reasons why your AC is not reaching your target temperatures. Now is a great time to ensure that your home is ready for summer. For air conditioning repair in Paramus, NJ, call the experts at DB Heating & Cooling today!
April 15th, 2013
We rely on our air conditioners to provide effective and efficient service throughout the cooling season. While we are not yet feeling the heat and humidity here, spring is a great time to ensure that we’re ready to go before summer, so that we don’t waste time being concerned about our air conditioners when we could be enjoying the pleasant weather. If you find that your AC is in need of repair, then it’s important that repairs be performed by a certified professional. AC repair should not be a DIY project. In this post, we’d like to point out why the experts at DB Heating & Cooling should take care of any Emerson, NJ air conditioning repair service that you may need. Call us today for more information!
- Reliability: Quite simply, repairs performed by a professional are less likely to fail than those done by a homeowner. The reason depends upon the particular application, but without the professional knowledge and expertise, you may only manage to eliminate one of the symptoms of the problem, and not the problem itself, which can lead to a lack of reliability.
- Quality: The quality of the repair is important. Do you know what materials you should use? Do you have the correct tool for the job? Do you know enough about how your system works to make a certain diagnosis? The quality of the AC repair depends upon the skills and know-how of the AC tech.
- Risk of damage: This is one of the major detriments of attempting DIY repairs. You can seriously damage your system if you do not have the professional training to handle the complexity of air conditioners. It is much less expensive to pay a professional to repair your system than to replace it because of a botched repair you tried to do yourself.
Don’t put your cooling system at risk this summer. Make sure that all repairs are carried out by a professional. For Emerson, NJ air conditioning repair, call DB Heating & Cooling today!
April 8th, 2013
While spring has only just begun, many homeowners are already thinking of the approaching heat this summer. Spring is the time of cleaning, organizing, and ensuring that your air conditioning system is ready to perform on even the hottest days of the summer. While we think about the compressor motor, the various coils, refrigerant, and ductwork, the thermostat is just as important as other aspects of the AC system. Without it, your AC cannot properly adjust to your desired temperature. For more information about the role your thermostat plays in cooling your home, call DB Heating & Cooling for air conditioning in Bergen County, NJ today.
The conventional non-digital thermostat uses a mercury switch to assess the temperature. Because mercury is a liquid metal, it conducts electricity and flows in a way not dissimilar to water. Inside this switch shaped like a vial are three different wires. The circular rotation of thermostat displaces the balance of the mercury switch, itself connected to a bimetallic strip that expands and contracts according to the temperature, which communicates to the heater or AC to turn on. Digital thermostats use something called a thermistor to sense the temperature and a microcontroller to convert that information into a LCD display. Programmable and wifi-enabled thermostats allow for greater customization.
Your thermostat controls your entire heating and cooling system. That’s a lot of responsibility for such a compact device. If there is something wrong with it, it can throw off the performance and efficiency of the heating and cooling systems. It’s imperative that your thermostat is properly calibrated so that it can accurately sense the temperature in the home and send that information to the heater or AC. Installing a programmable thermostat can dramatically increase the energy-efficiency of your home, without sacrificing any comfort.
Thermostats can have a significant impact on your cooling system. Make sure you’re ready for the summer heat with a programmable thermostat. For air conditioning service in Bergen County, NJ, call the experts at DB Heating & Cooling today!
April 1st, 2013
Because many commercial HVAC problems are not immediately recognizable, they are often allowed to progress for some period of time. Due to the fact that problems with commercial HVAC equipment tend to get worse with the passage of time, this can be a real issue. Luckily, there are some warning signs that you can spot that may indicate a need for professional commercial HVAC repair in Bergen County. Do not wait for a total breakdown. Take these tips into consideration and call DB Heating & Cooling the moment you suspect a problem with your commercial air conditioning and heating equipment.
One telltale sign that it may be time to schedule professional air commercial HVAC maintenance is a decrease in the efficiency with which the equipment operates. Pay attention to the costs associated with running your commercial heating and air conditioning equipment. If it seems like there is a spike in the cost of operating this equipment then there is a good chance that there is an underlying problem causing this inefficiency. Not only does this mean your system is costing more to operate; it also means that your commercial air conditioning and heating system is at an increased risk of damage. Schedule service right away.
Even minor inconsistencies with the quality of your commercial HVAC system’s performance can be indicative of a more serious problem in development. If your system is heating and cooling your property unevenly, call a professional commercial HVAC technician right away. There may be a problem with your air ducts or the air conditioning and heating equipment itself causing this problem. No irregularity should be ignored, no matter how inconsequential you think it may be. The development of odd sounds or the presence of strange odors during operation may not seem like that big a deal. However, they may indicate a more serious issue that you are unaware of.
The sooner you can have any commercial HVAC repair in Bergen County completed, the better. Do not put the comfort in your commercial property at risk. Let DB Heating & Cooling help you keep your commercial property comfortable reliably all year long.
March 18th, 2013
Spring cleaning is a popular activity across America. As soon as it’s warm enough to open our windows and doors to air out our home, we find new ways of getting more organized, of removing unnecessary belongings, and tidying up around the home. While most homeowners welcome spring cleaning duties, many overlook the hidden system of ductwork in the walls and ceilings. After all, it’s not as easy as vacuuming or cleaning the shower. Fortunately, the experts at DB Heating & Cooling have it all figured out. For duct cleaning in Bergen County, call us today!
Here are some reasons why you should make duct cleaning part of your annual spring cleaning routine:
- Air quality. This is one of the best ways to improve your air quality. As heated and cooled air passes through your ductwork, it picks up dust, debris, and any microbial growth inside. Dirty ducts can make these substances airborne and circulate them throughout your home. For homeowners with sensitive allergies, this can be hazardous.
- Energy-efficiency. Dirty ductwork can account for significant energy loss, without periodic cleaning. Even the smallest layer of dust can adversely affect the volume of conditioned air that reaches your living room or bedroom.
- System lifespan. Another reason to clean your ducts is to extend the life of your heating and cooling system. Dust and debris buildup not only affect the passage of air and the quality of the indoor air, they also impact all of the system’s components. They can increase the wear and tear on motors and fans, for example.
- Mold growth. While there are other ways to prevent mold throughout your home, duct cleaning is a great way to ensure that mold doesn’t become a problem in your house. As a potentially harmful health risk, mold also spreads quickly given the right humidity conditions.
Duct cleaning should be part of each household’s spring cleaning. It improves the air quality of your home, and it can help you save money on your energy costs. For duct cleaning in Bergen County, call the experts at DB Heating & Cooling today!